Episode 2

……I responded to the knock. It was Abiba, with a big Obowl of TZ and soup. She said that was my welcome meal. I asked her to put the food on the floor and promised her I would eat the after taking some rest. She told me to feel at home and always call on her when I was in need of anything. I thanked her, but in my mind I was like, “can you provide all my needs?” She left my room and I faced my first meal at the village. I was just wondering how to call Abiba to come back for the bowls when I heard a knock again. Guess what, it was Abiba again. She told me she had put a bucket of water in the bathroom for me to bath. I asked her to pick the bowls out of my room, and promised her I would bath very soon. I took my bathing apparatus and tried to move to the bathroom. On seeing the population in the compound, the “shy-boy” in me pushed me back into my room. On a second thought, I moved out to the bathroom with confidence because there was no way I could dodge the bathing. From the bathroom back to my room, all eyes were on me like 2Pac. With a nervous smile on my face, I walked straight into my room without looking into the eyes of anyone. As my room was responding to the darkness of the weather, there came Abiba, with a kerosene lamp. I took the lamp and wondered why it was always Abiba who rendered all the domestic services I needed. Was she chosen by the chief to do that or she was doing that voluntarily? I wondered.

By 7:30pm, I hardly heard any voices around. It meant everybody had already entered their room. I lay on my mattress all alone thinking of how my new school was going to look like. I made a lot of imaginations about the school, the teachers and the pupils. My imaginations gradually turned into a night sleep. Just about two hours into my sleep, some new friends tapped me and reminded me that I was supposed to sleep under a mosquito net. Guess who those friends were.

 I quickly responded to the reminder and removed my mosquito net from my bag, but I couldn’t have nailed and hanged it that night, so I covered myself with it like a cloth. At dawn, the following day, I regretted ever covering myself with a treated mosquito net. I had burning sensation all over my face. I took my bath and made Abiba to lead me to my new school, since she was a student of that school. On our arrival at the school, I saw a young lady seated under a tree, whom I presumed was a teacher of the school. In my mind, I was like, “thank God I have gotten an enlightened person to live with”. I took my books from Abiba and asked her to enter her classroom. I was left alone with the young lady. I introduced myself to her and asked her to always call me Galaxy. She smiled and told me she likes my name. I smiled back and in my mind I said, “why don’t you say you like me instead of my name”. This statement was a simple one I could have said to her hearing, but because of my cowardice nature, I had always said such emotional statements in my mind. She introduced herself as Kate.

 I said, “woow, what a sweet name!”, meanwhile ‘Kate’ is not among the names I admire a lot, but just because I wanted her to feel that I appreciated something about her, I had to give that impression about her name. I was just having a nice introductory chat with Kate when I saw a young gentleman walk towards us. I presumed he wasn’t also a native of the community according to his looks. I said to myself, “I just hope this young gentleman has not been having nice times with my newly found Kate”……………

 

Episode 3 loading………………

 THE VILLAGE TEACHER  Episode 5


THE VILLAGE TEACHER   Episode 6




 

Post a Comment

Thanks very much for your wonderful massage.
We are glad to hear from you.
you can also email us at info@banibatiti.com

Previous Post Next Post